Wednesday, September 15, 2010

House Arrest and Straws

I love my husband. He takes such good care of me each and every day. And this week I have been sick. I've had the head cold, sore throat, fever, cough, and aches all week. And I sound like I'm going through puberty thanks to my sore throat and stuffiness. So he has been spoiling me with back rubs and water bottles with colorful straws. (Love colorful straws!) And yes those two things are truly helping me recover.

I don't like staying home from work. If I stay home from work one day I usually spend the next morning playing catch up on my emails. (I just checked my emails and I have 75 so tomorrow might be a long morning. lol) So I try avoid staying home as much as I can. I managed to go into work for a half day on Monday and Tuesday. By Tuesday night I had a high fever and wasn't moving from the couch. That's when Paul put me on house arrest. I was stay in bed, sleep, and take my medicine. This morning he didn't even wake me up except to tell me goodbye and that he loved me. Maybe he thought I'd try to go in? Anyways, I followed his rules and I have to admit, I actually feel better. So maybe my husband does know best in this case. And while I'm sure the resting and medicine did help, I have to admit the colorful straws certainly had a big impact in my healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment