Monday, December 6, 2010

Photographing Moments

I came across this quote today:

“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”

And then I remembered why I love this job. Because I am allowed to photograph those little things -

Those looks from your future wife
Those smiles from your husband when he can't help but look at you
Those tears from a mom when she dances with her only son
Those giggles from your kids when they are supposed to be sitting still
Those kisses shared between a new wife and her husband
Those smiles from a new mom when she looks at her sweet baby only a few days old

I don't know why I get to do this - I'm nothing but a girl who thought shooting would be a fun thing to do one day. (And no matter what God has in store for me, I will probably always think that.) Little did I know the importance photos actually have until I read that quote. And while I now feel all the pressure in the world to do a good job, I'm more humbled to know that I am a part of very special moments in my clients lives. And they want me to be there - to photograph all those little things.



















No comments:

Post a Comment