Monday, November 15, 2010

I Am Me.

I am me. There are some days when I wish I wasn't me. Some days I wish I was someone else. And this someone else would be different. Different camera. Different photos. Different ideas. Different people skills. Different way of explaining things. Different way of thinking. Just different. And better. But I'm not that someone else. I'm me.

Some days I wonder what on earth God was thinking when He made me me. Me, with a crooked smile and a horrible way of cooking. Me, with a heart way too big that gets me in trouble every time. Me, with a voice that can't reach all the notes accompanied by the confidence to sing too loud. Me, with a horrible sense of how to do my hair so it always ends up in a hair tie. Me, with a lack of self esteem so badly that I am always second guessing myself. Me, with a head too small that I have to buy child size glasses. Me, with a mind that moves to quickly to keep up that I'm always forgetting things. Me, with a love too much for dogs that I ended up with three instead one. And me with a heart that's been broken too many times that I was afraid of love.

But He also gave me him. A man who loves that crooked smile and still eats my horrible cooking. Him, with a heart full of understanding as I explain why mine is too big. Him, who lets me sing as loud as I want in the car and sings back with me. Him, who tells me my hair looks beautiful no matter what I do to it. Him, who never second guesses me. Him, who laughs when I'm picking out glasses and stays extra long with me in the store to find the "perfect pair." Him, who keeps up with everything I'm always forgetting. Him, who loves me so much that he went with me to buy our three dogs. Him, who helped me to open and love again.

So when I wonder why God made me me, I go back and remember that that man needed a "me." And together, we fit.




1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet. I think you are a beautiful person, and it is reflected in your talent. And it's good to remember that everyone has someone that fits them. Congrats on finding your "one."

    ReplyDelete